Our organic Mulling Spice is a deliciously festive blend of herbs, dried fruits and spices used to season ciders, wines and even fruit juices like cranberry or orange.
- Pour about 26 oz (750 mL) of chosen beverage into a large pot and heat on medium-high until it reaches a simmer. Avoid letting it boil.
- Put 2 - 3 tbsp. organic Mulling Spice inside a Culinary Muslin Bag (or similar filter bag) and place inside the pot with the beverage.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Gently simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Remove Mulling Spice.
- Taste beverage and add your favorite sweetener or citrus slices if desired.
- A crock pot can also be used if you have more time. Add ingredients to the crock pot and leave on low for at least an hour before serving.
- A fine mesh strainer can be used to remove Mulling Spice if no Culinary Muslin Bag or other filter bag is available.
- Longer cook times will reduce alcohol content.
Ingredients: Cassia Cinnamon (chips)*, Oranges*, Allspice*, Orange (peel)*, Ginger*, Cloves*, Star Anise (pods)*