Give your immune system a boost! Our organic Fire Cider Tonic Immune System Support DIY Kit is thoughtfully crafted with certified organic onion, garlic, astragalus, ginger, lemon, orange, horseradish, elderberries, hibiscus, turmeric and chili pepper.
Fire Cider Tonic is an herbal remedy used to support the immune system during cold and flu season. It helps stifle the sniffles, invigorates the body and boosts immunity. It's one powerful, warming tonic.
Renowned herbalist, Rosemary Gladstar, first introduced this remedy in the kitchen of the California School of Herbal Studies between 1979 and 1980, and this herbal remedy has become a tradition in many households, including ours, and has been passed along to herbalists all over the world.
- Add contents of DIY Kit into a quart-size jar.
- Pour organic apple cider vinegar to cover all of the ingredients.
- Cover the jar with BPA-free plastic lid or a piece of parchment paper if using a metal lid. Do not use a metal lid without parchment paper – it will cause corrosion. Screw lid on tight and shake well. Store is a cool dark place.
- Shake daily and check tonic in 2 - 3 weeks. You can continue to infuse for 1 - 2 more weeks if you prefer a spicier cider. The longer you let it infuse, the spicier it will be.
- Once your infusion is ready, strain all liquid through a fine mesh strainer, cheese cloth or milk nut bag (preferred) over a large bowl.
- Optional: add 1/4-cup raw local honey or more (to taste).
- Pour finished cider into a clean 20-oz jar or bottle and label.
- Keep Fire Cider in a cool dark cabinet or refrigerate for up to one (1) year.
NOTE: Recipe requires 20 fl oz of organic raw Apple Cider Vinegar, ¼ cup of raw local Honey (optional), quart-size jar with lid (preferably a plastic lid), parchment paper if using a metal lid.
- Adults: 1 - 2 tbsp (15 - 30ml) daily
- Children (over 1): 1 tsp (5ml) daily
At onset of and during illness:
- Adults: 1 - 2 tbsp (15 - 30ml) up to four times daily
- Children (over 1): 1 tsp (5ml) up to four times daily
- Do NOT feed to infants under the age of one
- Shake Well Before Using
Ingredients: Onion*, Garlic*, Astragalus (root)*, Ginger (root)*, Lemon (peel)*, Orange (peel)*, Horseradish*, Elderberries*, Hibiscus*, Turmeric (root)*, Chili Pepper (flakes)*
Makes ~20 fl oz