The translucent, white appearance of Selenite is said to represent spiritual purity, light and connection to the angelic realms. It is considered a sacred crystal and has been used throughout history.
Its name derives from the Greek goddess, Selene, the goddess of the moon. It’s also called the Satin Spar, Maria Glass or Desert Rose.
Selenite is a chrystalline variety of the mineral gypsum. It is a very soft mineral which can be easily scratched with a fingernail and therefore not recommended for jewelry. If placed in water, Selenite will revert to gypsum.
Chakras – Crown Chakra
Zodiac – Taurus
Selenite is also known for the following properties:
- Provides for clarity of the mind, expanding ones awareness of the self and of ones surroundings.
- Opens the crown and higher crown chakras and accesses angelic consciousness and higher guidance.
- Used to access past lives as well as future lives.
- Instills deep peace and is excellent for meditation or spiritual work.
- Assists judgement and insight.
- Clears confusion and aids in seeing the deeper picture.
- Aligns the spinal column and promotes flexibility.
- Corrects deformities of the skeletal system and can stabilize epileptic disorders.
- Used to improve disorders associated with metal poisoning due to teeth fillings and can reverse the effects of "free radicals" in the cell structure.
Size: ~45mm x 25mm
Note: Natural crystals / gemstones will vary slightly in size and weight and will contain “imperfections.”