Lavender – it never disappoints with its stunning purple-blue spikes and enchanting aroma. This magical flower is not only an aromatic beauty but also a medicinal herb. There are more than 40 species in the Lavandula genus. Lavandula angustifolia is the most well-known and is widely used within the herbal medicine community.
Not only is Lavender a must for your herbal medicine chest it's a wonderful addition to your culinary dishes and beverages.
So, beat the heat, let your stresses melt away and relax with a tall glass of Lavender Lemonade!
- 1/4 cup organic dried lavender flowers
- 2 cups water
- 2 to 3 cups ice cubes
- 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups cold water
- Raw local honey and/or organic stevia
- Place lavender flowers in a tea filter bag or culinary / muslin bag and place into a bowl. Boil 2 cups water and pour over bagged flowers and allow to steep 15 to 20 minutes
- Squeeze and remove bagged flowers, set steeped lavender water aside
- Add ice and lavender water to a serving pitcher
- Add the lemon juice and 6 cups of cold water
- Add honey and/or organic stevia to add some sweetness
- Garnish with a lemon slice and a sprig of lavender
- Stir and enjoy
Tip: I add approximately 1/4 to 1/2 cups of raw local honey to the warm steeped lavender water after I remove the culinary bag and stir well. A dash of organic stevia is a wonderful addition unless you prefer your Lavender Lemonade with a bit more tartness.