Our Smudges are handcrafted, twine-wrapped bundles or braids of aromatic sage, sweetgrass, cedar or other herbs and plants, and they come in a convenient sizes – perfect for a quick cleansing or an evening outdoors.
While holding one end of the smudge, light the other end until it catches a flame. Allow it to burn long enough to hold a healthy ember. Carefully blow out the open flame so that the smudge begins to smolder. You may need to blow on the lit end or wave it back and forth to ensure it remains smoldering on its own.
If using a smudge bowl or pot, place the lit end of the smudge downward into the bowl and rest the unlit end against the rim of the bowl. The smudge should continue to smolder and waft smoke allowing you to simply sit back and enjoy its wonderful incense.
A smudge bowl or pot containing sand is excellent for burning smudge sticks. Simply place the unlit end of the smudge stick downward into the sand so that the lit end points upward. The smudge stick should continue to smolder and waft smoke for a bit allowing you to simply sit back and enjoy its wonderful incense.
Each smudge can often be used more than one time and can be extinguished by placing the lit end into sand or with water. Of course allow smudge to thoroughly dry before attempting to re-light.
- Always be mindful of fire safety, especially indoors and in dry climates, and never leave a lit smudge stick unattended.
- Burn smudges in a well-ventilated area.
- Always properly extinguish smudges when done using.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. We recommend consulting a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing or on any medications. Our products are intended for adult use.
- While we work to ensure our product information is correct and informative we cannot attest to the accuracy of customer-submitted reviews. We strongly insist you do not take medical advice from these reviews or assume a product will work the same for you as it did for another. Every consumer is different – circumstances vary and interpretations of results vary. These reviews simply allow consumers to share their experience and are not intended as a substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist or other qualified health-care practitioner. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your healthcare practitioner immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Gruene Witch Apothecary, LLC assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements in these reviews.