Our delicious Elderberry Winter Tonic DIY Kit is thoughtfully crafted to help in the battle against colds, influenza and other seasonal ailments. Simply add your own purified water and raw local honey to complete this tried-and-true medicinal recipe.
Elderberries are packed with nutrients including minerals like iron, potassium, phosphorus, and copper, as well as vitamins, such as vitamin A, B, and C, as well as proteins and dietary fiber. Add some of the beneficial organic compounds that function as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents in the body and you have one powerful berry!
Elderberries are widely known for their ability to alleviate allergies, boost the immune system, protect against bacteria and infection, lower blood sugar, help with weight loss, moderate the digestive process and slow down the spread of cancer.
Recent studies show subjects who took an elderberry supplement experienced significantly lessened cold and flu symptoms and for shorter periods of time than those in the placebo group.
Our Elderberry Winter Tonic DIY Kit also contains raw certified organic rose hips, yarrow leaf and flower, echinacea, ginger root, clove and cinnamon. These ingredients not only help create a delicious concoction but are known for their ability to boost the immune system.
- 1) Combine berries and herbs & spice packet with three (3) cups cold purified water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- 2) Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- 3) Remove from heat and strain berries with a milk nut bag, cheesecloth or strainer. Squeeze out all liquid.
- 4) Cool liquid to approximately 95 degrees then add one (1) cup of raw local honey. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- 5) Bottle in a sterilized glass container.
- 6) Refrigerate for up to three (3) months.
- Adults: 1 tbsp (15ml) daily.
- Children (over 1): 1 tsp (5ml) daily.
During Onset of Illness:
- Adults: 1 tbsp (15ml) up to four times daily.
- Children (over 1): 1 tsp (5ml) up to four times daily.
- Do NOT feed to infants under the age of one.
- 16 to 20 oz
- This food is made in a commercial kitchen inspected by the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) or a local health department. Texas DSHS Food Manufacturer License #1022758
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. We recommend consulting a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing or on any medications. Our products are intended for adult use.
- While we work to ensure our product information is correct and informative we cannot attest to the accuracy of customer-submitted reviews. We strongly insist you do not take medical advice from these reviews or assume a product will work the same for you as it did for another. Every consumer is different – circumstances vary and interpretations of results vary. These reviews simply allow consumers to share their experience and are not intended as a substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist or other qualified health-care practitioner. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your healthcare practitioner immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Gruene Witch Apothecary, LLC assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements in these reviews.